Do I need an appointment or referral?
You do not need a referral to get a test. Appointment is required. To book an appointment at our community assessment centre for COVID-19 call 705-474-8600 ext. 4110. Please check eligibility (above) before calling for an appointment.
What happens at this assessment centre?
- When you arrive we will register you and call your name according to your booked time.
- A healthcare worker will swab your nose in order to obtain a sample to test you for COVID-19.
- You will receive information about how to get your test results and what to do if it is positive.
Does this assessment centre test children for COVID-19?
Yes. We are also currently equipped to test children under the age of 2 years for COVID-19.
Where is the COVID-19 Assessment Centre and drive thru located?
The centre is located at the west end of the North Bay Regional Health Centre. You will see signage that indicates to the location–please see map below.
Click image above to view a larger PDF.
For the safety of yourself and others, please DO NOT use the main hospital entrance. Our Assessment Centre can be accessed by entering off highway 17 and turning left at the stop sign.
What are the hours of operation?
Our Assessment Centre is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Is parking available?
Parking is free and available in public lot #9—across from the Assessment Centre entrance.
How do I find out my results?
- You can find your COVID-19 test results by visiting this website.
- A healthcare worker will also contact you directly if your result is positive