The Heart Failure Clinic located at North Bay Regional Health Centre is an outpatient clinic which provides care to patients with heart failure requiring the expertise of a Cardiologist.
The Heart Failure Clinic is part of an integrated care model for patients with heart failure. It is a multidisciplinary clinic including a Cardiologist, Nurse Practitioner with an educator/care coordinator who have training in caring for patients with heart failure.
The goal of the clinic is to provide evidence-based care to optimize quality of life, improve symptom management and prevent heart failure-related emergency department visits and hospital admissions.
The Heart Failure Clinic provides:
- Assessment by a nurse practitioner or Cardiologist
- Evaluation to determine the cause of heart failure and monitoring of the condition
- Education to help patients understand heart failure
- Self-monitoring strategies to reduce the risk of symptoms reoccurring
- Prescription of evidence-based medications and optimization of these therapies
How to access the clinic
Patients are seen by referral. Referrals must meet referral criteria and be completed by a physician or nurse practitioner. To refer a patient for the Heart Failure Clinic, complete the referral form and fax to 705-495-8116.
Educational material and resources for patients, families and caregivers about heart failure:
*This service was made possible by a larger collective community effort, including Nipissing Wellness Ontario Health Team, to better support patients with heart failure.*