Who can visit an assessment centre?
- You can get a test if:
- you are worried you may have COVID-19
- you are worried you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
- you are at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through your employment
- you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- You do not need a referral to get a test
- You do not need a health card to get a test
- Effective June 8 you need to book an appointment at this centre to get a test. To book an appointment call 705-474-8600 ext. 4110
Do I need an appointment or referral?
You do not need a referral to get a test. Appointment is required. To book an appointment at either our community assessment centre or drive-thru testing for COVID-19 call 705-474-8600 ext. 4110
What happens at this assessment centre?
- When you arrive we will register you and call your name according to your booked time. If you have an appointment in our drive-thru, arrive at your exact appointment time, stay in your vehicle and wait for instruction. Please turn your engine off when parked or waiting.
- A healthcare worker will swab your nose in order to obtain a sample to test you for COVID-19.
- You will receive information about how to get your test results and what to do if it is positive.
Does this assessment centre test children for COVID-19?
Yes. We are also currently equipped to test children under the age of 2 years for COVID-19. Children eight years old and under can only be tested at our Community Assessment Centre.
Where is the COVID-19 Assessment Centre and drive thru located?
Both are located at the west end of the North Bay Regional Health Centre. You will see signage that indicates each location–please see map below. Follow the red signs for the Community Assessment Centre and blue signs for the drive-thru.
Click image above to view a larger PDF.
For the safety of yourself and others, please DO NOT use the main hospital entrance. Our Assessment Centre can be accessed by entering off highway 17 and turning left at the stop sign.
What are the hours of operation?
- Our Assessment Centre is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The drive-thru option is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Is parking available?
Parking is free and available in public lot #9—across from the Assessment Centre entrance.
How do I find out my results?
- You can find your COVID-19 test results by visiting this website.
- A healthcare worker will also contact you directly if your result is positive